To submit files electronically via FTP, contact Quint for login information.
Electronic Prepress File Submission Guidelines
1. Send us the following with your job:
- All fonts, printer and screen, or convert fonts to paths/outlines*
- All graphics and linked files
- High resolution images
These software applications will properly prepare your files for submission by creating a folder with all linked images, fonts and reports. Use these techniques:
InDesign- “Package” Files
Quark- “Collect for Output”
2. *Send the complete set of each font as Type One with all the screen and printer fonts.
- Do not submit True Type fonts
- True Type fonts may result in problems such as unexpected reflow
- Do not make type bold or italic using menu styles
- If True Type Fonts must be used, converting to paths will fix reflow problems
3. Include the latest printed proof of all pages.
- Printouts should be at 100% (If possible).
4. Construct the pages to the correct trim size.
- Printer’s spreads or custom trims are not necessary.
- We will impose the job according to your press layout.
5. Requirement for Photoshop Images:
- 300 DPI (or line screen X 2) for CMYK and grayscale images.
- 600 to 1200 DPI for bitmap images.
- Do not save files with compression options like LZW or JPEG compression.
- No Slashes “/”, Dashes “-“, or Periods “.”in file name.
- CMYK Color Mode images
- Acceptable file formats
TIF, JPG (Uncompressed), PS
6. Application Capabilities
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Quark Express
- Call for other application capabilities